Teaching, Learning and Staff CPD
Burnley High School is extremely committed to the development of consistent, high quality teaching across the whole school to develop and embed a love of learning, leading to improved student progress.
We have a variety of forums to develop teaching and subject pedagogy including:
- Weekly curriculum meetings
- Whole Staff CPD, where staff focus on feedback from school priority areas as well as feedback from Quality Assurance.
- INSET days
- Staff CPD programme – both internal and external
- Internal/external standardisation and moderation, including Trust wide.
- School to School support and mentoring
- Exam modelling and subject knowledge sessions
- National College membership for curriculum thinking, subject specific training and pastoral training
- MeLearning for Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing training
- Coaching: personalised to need
- Use of an online platform ‘Lessons Learned’ to allow staff to reflect on their own pedagogy as well as support other members of staff.
- Bespoke ITT/ECT CPD
We are extremely proud of our teachers and support staff. They are enthusiastic hard working members of staff who engage with working collaboratively to develop professional learning, knowledge of evidence-based research and sharing best practice in a culture of trust, respect and integrity.
In addition, the school offers additional CPD opportunities including subject networks, NPQML, NPQSL, Masters Programmes and Emerging Leaders.